Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Bonnet catch rubber button

Eccles60

First Renault 4 after 40 years waiting
Anyone got a rubber button for the bonnet catch? Mine had collapsed and although I could probably find something else that fits (hard plastic knob?), I'd prefer the correct thing.

Thanks, Mark B

And of course this should've been shoved in "Parts Wanted" not here... Maybe a nice, helpful, admin person could move it across because I don't think I can. Thanks.

Hi Mark
Yes, I've got a few of them. Happy to send it to you for the postage.
If you give me your address via 'Conversations' or to mcghee210ATbtinternet.com, I'll pop it in the post.

The bonnet one is red and different shape - well at least on a GTL
The one in photo looks like a vent flap knob ?

Jonathan was right - the one in the photo is a vent flap button. A harder plastic 'correct' version is on its way to Mark - definitely black, although with a vaguely cherryish edge to it... . I'm sure some of the early ones might have had buttons to match their steering wheels and gear lever knobs, though.

Jonathan was right - the one in the photo is a vent flap button. A harder plastic 'correct' version is on its way to Mark - definitely black, although with a vaguely cherryish edge to it... . I'm sure some of the early ones might have had buttons to match their steering wheels and gear lever knobs, though.
That may also explain why mine broke up if it was a softer, rubbery, type because pushing it to release the bonnet puts a fair load through the hole from an admittedly blunt but nevertheless quite small (at slightly over 4mm diameter) rod. Thanks for all your interest and especially to Andy for a new, harder, button winging its way to me! Cheers.

Hi Eccles. I found that Ikea do a great black button, packs of 6 I think, a bit longer, but hard black plastic, which looks the same in the gloom under the dash, and is a lot more comfortable to use than the rubber one, a lot more solid. And it costs zip, and you can throw it away when you find the real thing.

Hi Eccles. I found that Ikea do a great black button, packs of 6 I think, a bit longer, but hard black plastic, which looks the same in the gloom under the dash, and is a lot more comfortable to use than the rubber one, a lot more solid. And it costs zip, and you can throw it away when you find the real thing.
The next time I'm in Ikea, I'll take a look. Many thanks Edwin.

Hello

im looking for one for my vent flap, assume its good for an f6?

Back