Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Brake fluid reservoir broken?

Strmoslava

Enthusiast
Hi guys, I noticed my brakes got worse over time and realised there should be leaking somewhere in the system because level of brake fluid was going down, but really slow.

Tried to identify problem by checking all the pipes and cylinders and in the end it is a leak from down under of brake fluid reservoir/container.

Leak is located at the top of master cylinder and when I move reservoir it leaks more.

I am not so much involved into this part of brake system, so is there option of changing brake fluid reservoir or I should change whole master cylinder?

It's Renault 4 TL model.

Is it posible to place GTL cylinder to TL?
Friend @Merkator Fontana and I have a lot of parts for GTLs, but this old boy doesn't have TL donor.
I will make photos today.

Thank you.

Hi Strmoslava, there are rubber grommets (2) that are fitted into the top of the master cylinder and then the reservoir, which has two outlets is pushed into the grommets.
Most likely your reservoir is fine but the grommets are worn and causing the leak. Maybe you could check and then get an old master cylinder and use the rubber grommets. if they are in better condition

Back