Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Coolant hose

Pete Isom

Enthusiast
Hello. Having started out with a broken battery earth. I then discovered a coolant hose rubbing on the alternator adjustment arm. I’m thinking it will rub through soon. Should it go underneath. Not above?
anyone know the size of my earth lead for an eBay purchase?

• BE27E977-F242-444F-AC3B-7ACD3552AB0D.jpeg
    BE27E977-F242-444F-AC3B-7ACD3552AB0D.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 15
Hi Pete

The position of the hose is correct but it looks to be too close to the alternator adjustment arm. Sometimes the rubber of the hose around where the clip fits over the hose pierces and creates a small leak. DIY mechanics have been known to trim back the end of the hose to attend to the leak and then refit the hose onto the waterpump which means the hose is then a tad too short and hence the rubbing. Disconnect hose, check for cut marks around the lip of the hose to see if this is the case. I might have a spare used original earth cable if interested.

its rubbed on the arm has a kink and i would say will split soon, looks like it goes inside the car, does it go to the heater matrix?

i guess i could buy or make a metal extension

can you show the cable, im not running a r4 battery

cheers

It goes to heater matrix and you need to remove dashboard and whole heater box with matrix and ventilator to change that hose.
Or you can cut it and change just outer part of hose using metal insert

Hello
Metal insert is my current plan, as well

anyone know the id of the hose save me guessing wrong

ha i found a picture the same and thats my plan this weekend
thanks

Pete

Back