Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Diamond plate

Prospector

Enthusiast
Having started poking around I have found what I think to be the chassis number, but to my horror it does not match the certificate of imatriculation . Could anyone Shaw me a picture of the chassis number so I am in no doubt when I approach the seller

Its here on my F6, easy to see, the seat tilts up, its stamped in the black rectangle not covered by carpet on the crossmember.
E9550C61-8812-4DBE-8DA2-B69CAE527A26.jpeg

Thanks for the reply, it was the diamond plate on the bulkhead that I was referring to,or have I got it all wrong, wouldn't be the first time, won't be the last

Sure thats the chassis no in pic., matches my paperwork and is also where the ITV guy here in Spain looked during test to make sure it was vehicle that their records show it was, reason I made sure I just didnt carpet over it.

Thank you for showing me yours but I don't have anything on that part of the car the plate I refer to is in the photo

• 15501633847052861361640784375389.jpg
    15501633847052861361640784375389.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 4
The chassis number should be stamped on the upper surface of the right-hand chassis member, just inside where the right-hand (passenger in the case of LHD) door opens (i.e. instantly visible as you open the door).

Thanks for that, seems like the cross member has been replaced at some point so unless I have got it wrong I can't prove that the certificate matches the vehicle, is that so?

Will have another look in the morning and maybe lightly sand the paint with some 1000 grit and see if I can find anything, fingers crossed

Back