Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Distributor kit

DAA

Enthusiast
I take off the distributor and I have the platinum broke, so I will replace the rotor, platinum and de top case of the distributor.

Anyone have the original references or the equivalent

IMG_20211002_174635.jpg

IMG_20211002_151616.jpgIMG_20211002_164908.jpg

@Andy McGhee thanks a lot!! I already made the request, they only have intermotor brand. I read bad experiencies with them.. Let's try..

I will change the condenser like you said

ref: "Intermotor references".. not to rain on your parade,but I bought dizzy-cap (new) from Intermoto with the rest of the needed bits (same box as yours) this was when I swopped over to newest motor in mine,so all was rebuilt and new.Upon start-up the motor would not run..... Started with fundamentals-like petrol and ignition.pump did work,petrol reached carb,plugs wet,so next we looked at ignition-checked wiring /coil/leads/condenser/pipes/points etc. Took use of old trusty Fiat 1100 to tow,just a few ear shattering Ka-BANG's in the exhaust.Nothing else...
Got the old igition-parts (those that would still fit) back in and motor started instantly and run sweet as could be.. What now? changed in new stuff One by one and at last found that the Intermoto dizzy-cap to be defective -How?? In the end after using my grinder on it found one of the 4 contact-points inside had NO connection between inside and outside of cap ....... What the H**** ?
This only goes to prove that if you can locate NOS-parts ,even at a premium cost-go for them ,as lots of the new shit is only that -namely SHITE!
That concludes my rant of the day-Hope you get it running again Soon.
-Hope all of you on Forum Renaultum have a Bon week-end ! -Reid

Reactions: DAA
ref: "Intermotor references".. not to rain on your parade,but I bought dizzy-cap (new) from Intermoto with the rest of the needed bits (same box as yours) this was when I swopped over to newest motor in mine,so all was rebuilt and new.Upon start-up the motor would not run..... Started with fundamentals-like petrol and ignition.pump did work,petrol reached carb,plugs wet,so next we looked at ignition-checked wiring /coil/leads/condenser/pipes/points etc. Took use of old trusty Fiat 1100 to tow,just a few ear shattering Ka-BANG's in the exhaust.Nothing else...
Got the old igition-parts (those that would still fit) back in and motor started instantly and run sweet as could be.. What now? changed in new stuff One by one and at last found that the Intermoto dizzy-cap to be defective -How?? In the end after using my grinder on it found one of the 4 contact-points inside had NO connection between inside and outside of cap ....... What the H**** ?
This only goes to prove that if you can locate NOS-parts ,even at a premium cost-go for them ,as lots of the new shit is only that -namely SHITE!
That concludes my rant of the day-Hope you get it running again Soon.
-Hope all of you on Forum Renaultum have a Bon week-end ! -Reid
Thanks for your share..

First start was good, without problems..

During the first run, when I slow down, the 4L made a enormous misfire, I set a poor the mixture on the carburetor, and I have more smooth ride, good performance, good idle without "brakes". But.. After a stop for lunchit is was very difficult to but the 4L back working again.. Any tip?? After start again, it ran without problems.

Back