Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Door seals

angel

Enthusiast
For anyone who is interested, I got some door seal rubber, the hollow type which makes doors close much better. Price is 5,50 Euros/meter, for any other details please PM me :-)

What excellent timing - I'll send a PM. I've been struggling with the solid seals from Retro Passion. Seem slightly too large and too stiff, and the door I'm testing still doesn't shut after a month.

Still available?

For anyone who is interested, I got some door seal rubber, the hollow type which makes doors close much better. Price is 5,50 Euros/meter, for any other details please PM me :-)

Do you still have enough for 4 side doors and the tail gate?

Hi Angel

For all interested I bought from you. Fast delivery and perfect. Thanks.

And the £ is getting stronger!

Can you recommend a good glue?

Glue selection is rather poor here...I had tried both 3M and Permatex one, as they were widely available and they seemed to be the same stuff. I had some problems with the adhesive not bonding strong on the rubber but it must had been my fault. A friend pointed that I should have sanded lightly the rubber seals beforehand, which I never did (I am not good at anything not oil-or cable-related!).
In the past I had used Bostik, which was a great thick-flowing glue but I didn't manage to find it here (it had arrived with some Volvo parts from Sweden).

Anna Potts, I sent you a PM.

I really must get around to sorting mine out, trouble is to redo the car it would cost me more than the poor thing is worth!

Door Rubers

Hello

Please can i have enough for the 4 doors and the rear boot.

Can you advise hoe you would like payment plus P&P.

Thanks Eddie:smile:

I'm sort of wondering whether Angel is coming down to Thenay for the anniversary this year?

If so... It could be a good time to ask him nicely if he has room for a set for my car ;)

I managed to get hold of 22 meters of window channel/seal, as fitted to post-81 cars with the plastic window frames. Its the original fitment type, with the rubber lip on the inner side. Not that it can only be fitted on later doors (with inner hinges) as they also have a special contour on the inside for the seal lip.
Price is 12,00 euros per meter, if I remember correctly 8 meters are enough for four doors.

• 100_5125.jpg
    100_5125.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 70
For anyone who is interested, I got some door seal rubber, the hollow type which makes doors close much better. Price is 5,50 Euros/meter, for any other details please PM me :-
Think I bought my seals from you around this time ..... Just fitting them now.

Hi Angel,

Perfect timing, I'm about to get a new paint job on the car.

What would the price be for door seals for the 4 doors (Mine's a TL '88) and boot? How much would delivery be on top (To Wales , UK)

Regards,

Ryan

What excellent timing - I'll send a PM. I've been struggling with the solid seals from Retro Passion. Seem slightly too large and too stiff, and the door I'm testing still doesn't shut after a month.
Think I bought my seals from you around this time ..... Just fitting them now.
Hi,
Do you still have any left ?
I am in Teddington, Middlesex.

Cheers,

Joseph

Unfortunately, no more door seals. I have a few meters left but I keep them for my own cars.
Some time ago I gave the profile to a local rubber component fabricating company and asked them to make a die but they ended with a very approximate profile that wouldn't be up to the job, so it was pointless to carry on and start production.

Back