Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Electronic work shop manuals

coulston104

Does anyone know how to operate them. I purchased one on Ebay ages ago and when my computer was eventually capable of running them I installed the 3 cds. I could see the introduction bit but can not work out how to start the actual software. I've clicked on anything resembling an 'exe' file but with no luck. All the files seem to have installed OK. Any ideas :?

Maybe the executable is just some sort of reader software that gets called by thy OS when you try to open some other, more informative parts located on the CD.
However it is likely to be an OS problem, meaning that you have some kind of really old software that cannot run on a modern system (I presume you have Windows XP).
You could try right clicking on the .exe most likely to be the application and choosing the "properties" menu. Choose "Run in Windows 95 mode" or something similar, "compatibility mode" perhaps I really can't tell for sure as I'm not using WIndows.
Post some more info on it I'm sure somebody will be able to help you.

Cheers,

Nemanja
________
Ketamine hair loss

Last edited:
please advise what system you have and which discs you are trying to run ,
The usual problem is getting a compatible version of the JRE (Java Runtime Environment). Once you get this installed - it should all work

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Have you tried to access the program without using the desktop icon? This shortcut is not always reliable.

Go to My Computer
Hard Drive (double click)
Program Files (double click)
Dialogys (double click)
Dialogys bat (double click) this should start the program.

hope this helps..if not please advise.:cool:

Hate to put a dampener on things, but these discs off ebay are only useful for one thing - exploded parts diagrams and numbers. They do not contain a comprehensive workshop manual. If you have bought one as advertised for a R4, there is virtually nothing on there regards maintenance. I, too, had an awful job getting it to work. Can't remember how I did it, but did notice that it affected other programs.

Hope you have better luck than me!

Steve

Do these discs contain the Renault Dialogys system? Presumably that is copyrighted by Renault and the eBay auctions are illegal?

Does anyone what the licence is on these discs? It would be tempting to try and make one work on the web for everyone to enjoy.

Malcolm, I have 2 sets of these discs (please don't ask me why) and they are supposedly the Dialogys system. Not sure about any licence, but if you want me to send a set to you to play with please send me a PM with your address and I'll post them off. I'd be interested to see what you make of them!!!

Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll send you a message. No harm in asking Renault if I can reproduce them on the web (assuming I can figure out the necessary technology). I find Renault generally helpful and supportive so it might just be possible.

Back