Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Floor pan design

Brian Moseti

Enthusiast
Hi everyone, I am rebuilding my R4 from the ground up and would like to fit in a new floor. Importing one to Kenya is way too expensive for me and I am pondering building one myself. Has anyone ever built a floor pan, complete with the ribs... or does anyone have a document with the right measurements, I can refer to? I am looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks

I believe the floor pans can still be bought in two sheets - I would imagine that would bring down the shipment cost significantly. I’m assuming you Meen the sheet steel floor and not the chassis ?

The information you are looking for is provided in the original workshop manual.
I don't have one here atm, otherwise I'd scan it and send it to you.
I'm sure there are people on here who have it, though.

Is this any use? Only floor diagrams I can find in my books. Shows the pressed patterns faintly anyway.

This manual published by Renault is now for sale on ebay: item number 264768237847 .

R4 floors.JPG

We did a floor build about 20 years ago and just used thicker steel, 2mm I think with a couple of ribs welded in. Seemed to work ok

Floor can be bought in 4 parts if shipping is problem.
But it is plain 1mm Steel with corugations.
I can measured corugations at my floor tomorrow and skech it.

H
I believe the floor pans can still be bought in two sheets - I would imagine that would bring down the shipment cost significantly. I’m assuming you Meen the sheet steel floor and not the chassis ?
Yes sir, my chassis is intact but the sheets are all in bad shape...so replacing all... let me see how much it will require to ship from Franzose as opposed to making them

Back