Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Fonts going funny

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Don't worry if the font sizes go a bit funny temporarily - I'm messing around at the moment but the software is fiddly and will take a bit of time.

Hopefully we'll end up with something easier to read. Otherwise I've remembered the original settings.

I think I've about finished for now. I wanted to remove the underline in the links.

Do you reckon it looks OK or is there anything you would alter?

This looks funny, the font looks elongated
3920315.jpg

Trouble is, I can't remember how it looked before now!

Links like this will not be underlined - they will just have a blue colour. This seems OK, unless you're vision-impaired (e.g. colour blind)?

Does make sense to underline links in posts - I've altered that.

The font used throughout the forum doesn't work well in larger sizes - it's a bit wide. Might still fiddle with that.

Just my 2 centimes worth. I think I would prefer the lines between the post titles to be a bit darker - a bit too much white space.

• new-forum.jpg
    new-forum.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 75
I've darkened the lines a little - better?

Are the unread threads not still bold? I don't think I've altered that feature.

Anything else anyone can spot while we're at it much appreciated.

Unread posts still aren't back to bold - I hadn't noticed it until it was pointed out, but you're right: it's a useful feature.

Could you post a thread for me not to read while I look at that.

I saw this thread as bold when thay were funny signs in the topic. But now I have everything not new.

Edit: As I posted this post you should see the topic bold/new.

I've fiddled a bit more - the bold should be back and the funny signs gone.

It's still not right, but I've figured out a way of testing styles without breaking the forum and then carrying them over stuff when it's working.

I get back from an operation in hospital and I was sat here wondering if it was my eyes they operated on! ;)

It looks very strange on Google Chrome, I reckon its as you say, the font is a little too wide. It looks very vague around the edges like I'm looking at a screen and my eyes are very tired.

• Malcolms funny txts!.jpg
    Malcolms funny txts!.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 56
Probably the font was a bit large. I've altered it back closer to the original - does that look better?

Yup looks a little better, they aren't bleeding into the background so much now.

I've made the borders a little darker which might help - not sure the colours have changed - I'll check, though that's not to say we couldn't change them.

If you prefer the old one I've added a menu at the bottom left of the page you can use to change back.

Back