Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Gordini alloys what tyres?

Gsouthee

Enthusiast
Hi Many thanks to Tomcat I now have a set of 5.25 Gordini alloys (the 3 slot type).

My question is what size tyre best, I am thinking either 155/75 or 80 Uniroyal rainmaster or 165/70 Toyo premium eco. Dont want to go too wide as such a light car.

Also want to make sure no bodywork issues.

Oh sunspesion is currently standard height, depending it looks with the alloys may consider coming down a bit, so need to consider that as well.

Cheers for any advice.

G

Think they had 155/70 as standard on the Gordini wheels. I've got 165/65 on my F6 and don't have any issues with rubbing, fairly sure anything bigger - and particularly on a GTL which doesn't have as stiff suspension would rub. Had (i think...) 175s on a GTL a few years back which would rub on corners.

Cheers Lobster, only reason looking at 155/80 or 75's are that going down to 155/70 reduces the rolling circ compared to the 145/80's, rather it be a bit up if anything. I guess the Gordini had different gearing.

Cheers main concern was the rubbing so will probably go for the 155's.

Nice one.

Gary
I have Toyo Proxes 165/65x13 on both my F4's with no problems at all.
Regards
Tom

Cheers Tom,

Only trouble with 165/65 is the rolling circumference is 3% smaller hence speedo out ie 60 is actually 58.3 ish so engine revs more, rather go for the 155/80 which will give me a bit more of a relaxed run.

Cheers G

ps nearly got all the gold off!

Ideal tyre for those wheels is 155/70/13.

Diameter and circumference are the same as original 135/80/13 tyre so speed and km's will be the same on the clock.

Ofcourse, all above mentioned will be just fine as differances are small and it wont make big differance to the ride.

Back