Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

grease caps and split pins

jac

Enthusiast
Hello. I had great help recently on finding O ring size .Thanks . Now I am looking for grease caps and split pins for a wheel bearing issue. For all of you who have a handy supply of "bits" it must be so easy....just a rummage and there it is ! for me I have to go and buy.....which size or which sort .I never know. Any advice ?

I ordered from derfranzose and when they arrived they are too small.....I need 52mm outside measurement ! is this normal ? Andy what size were yours ? Does it make a difference if its a GTL ? Sorry for my ignorance.

Hi Jac
The ones I've got are c44mm outside diameter - sorry! All the R4s I've had have used this size.
What happened to your original ones?

Thanks for your help ! The car had a complete rebuild before we bought it and we are still finding interesting things about it ! The old caps are bent and not really fit for purpose .I think perhaps one to many removals.I am a little concerned that they are going to drop off

Hello Andy
Hi Jac
The ones I've got are c44mm outside diameter - sorry! All the R4s I've had have used this size.
What happened to your original ones?

Hello Andy...It seems like I have been missled by random measurements taken in the half light by harassed husband.Do you still have your grease caps ? and are you willing to part with them ?If they really are 44mm outside measurement then I would be happy to talk money. Many thanks Jac

Hi Jac
Yes, I've still got them. As you can see from the photos, they've seen a bit of service, but will still keep the grease in and the rain out. I do have new ones, but would like to hang on to these. Secondhand ones are usually easier to remove, though, as they come with dents in the right places!
See photo for measurements:P1060982.JPG

If you would like them, just mail me your address: andy.mcghee210ATgmail.com , and I'll pop them in the post.
Maybe a small donation to the Dogs Trust?

P1060979.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks. Have Emailed you. Yet again this forum comes up with the answer. great job.

Back