Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Head restraints wanted for my 1986 GTL

Eccles60

First Renault 4 after 40 years waiting
I know I keep asking but I'm still after a pair of head restraints for my 1986 GTL. I can feel the sockets to take them under the upholstery and I've got a pair of matching head restraint covers, so I'm not fussy about cushion condition or colour. Please! Can anyone help me? Many thanks.

Quite a while ago the recommendation on this site was to use Rover 600 headrests which fitted perfectly - which I did, got a pair on eBay but there might not be that many about these days. But there must be other candidates.......

this is new suggestion to me I did wonder if anyone had measured other cars for possible matches

I have some head rests if they are still of interest. was planning to list them on here or ebay one day.

I have some head rests if they are still of interest. was planning to list them on here or ebay one day.
Yes please! Assuming they are suitable for my GTL and in reasonable condition, and fairly priced, I'll have them please! Let me know how to proceed. Many thanks.

still got plastic tubes to fit in seats here
Hi Paul, I might need those! Please keep them for me just in case - I'll let you know. Cheers, Mark.

Measure carefully as there are different types of headrest for the GTL: 'hard' ones that have a rectangular hole in the middle, and 'soft' ones that are covered in fabric. The distance between the 'legs' (and diameters of the legs) might be different.

Measure carefully as there are different types of headrest for the GTL: 'hard' ones that have a rectangular hole in the middle, and 'soft' ones that are covered in fabric. The distance between the 'legs' (and diameters of the legs) might be different.
Thanks for the warning!

Back