Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello and Help!

chris edge

Hi,
I have been offered a lovely little 4 van. It is on French registrations still and im struggling to find how to put in on uk plates. All the info on the dvla website seems to be for new cars.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction as I would love to give this little van a new home.

Many thanks
Chris

Hi, Go and google (or search DVLA) for NOVA declaration. Thats your first port of call. Make sure you have the French Carte Gris for it too. Registration in the UK without that becomes more difficult though not impossible.

Hello Chris from one newbie to another!
I'm a LHD F4-Owner too, who's had experience registering cars from Europe here in the UK...(I'm into WW2 Jeeps)
Have you got your NOVA paperwork sorted yet?...it should have been completed within two-weeks of your car coming into the country...it basically states that no import duty is owed to HM Customs and that your free to get the car MOT'd and UK Registered.
If so, simply take your car for an MOT using the cars chassis number in place of a UK Registration Number - once that's been obtained, get it insured - again using the chassis number, then apply to the DVLA for (an age related) UK Reg No:...it really is very easy!
Once you have your UK Reg No: you can buy/ fit your plates. have your MOT updated with the Reg No and you can inform your insurance company, who will alter your policy info!
I hope that helps...
Best Wishes,
Guy.

Hi,
I have been offered a lovely little 4 van. It is on French registrations still and im struggling to find how to put in on uk plates. All the info on the dvla website seems to be for new cars.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction as I would love to give this little van a new home.

Many thanks
Chris

How are you getting on Chris?
I would be very surprised if it's just me who would love to know ....
N.

Back