Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from Holland!

Crelesy

1126 from '75
Hello,

My name is Ive and i bought an 1975 Renault 4l. Iets my first Renault 4 ever. I bought it from a dutch guy who just bought it from a woods handyman in the french Ardennen.
The car had run only 300 km in 20 years. And i didn't know when was the last time. There where spiked tires in the front and soms shotgun shells on the dash. And a lot of mud on the bottom. My guess is that they didn't taken care of it in its last runs. Didn't smell like roadkill tho... Luckely.

I'll try to put on a photo later on.

Quick look around shows some rust obviosly but nothing onfixable in my opinion. Like rustend rear beam where the sparen tire lock's up. And in the front and rear bottom plate near the corners. I have all the skills and tools tot weld that.
The engine looked okay but didn't start when i got it. The altenator whas replaced for a modern one. This was a quick fix from someone i guess, becouse it didn't fit at all. Even the belt is at an angle now. But it delivers good current for now.
Replaced the obvios parts like ignition cables and cap. Point and condensator. Sparkplugs set the timing etc. Cleaned the zenith 28if carburator. Set the valve clearances. Replaced and flushed oils. Changed the tires and brake lines etc etc

Now she runs!
IMG_20201004_091324.jpgIMG_20201004_091339.jpg

In daily life i fix forklifts and other internal transportation trucks for work, and every thing people trow at me. So I (think) I know my way with tools and combustion engines.
And with a little help from you guys I hope I don't have to do things over again. 1 time to learn and the best to fix it. So I will be posting questions and pictures. And i hope in time answer a few in return!

Welcome!
You new car looks great.
Good luck with getting it fixed. :hug:

Nice car Ive.
I live in Breda. If you have questions on the Ventoux engine just sent me a message.
Maybe we can get together some time.
Regards Robert

Hello Robert,

Thanks for the offer! I read some of tour posts on the dutch forum as well. It seems you have loads of info for me. So I will try to get it all out of you. Ha ha.

(Still trying to get on the dutch forum sinds august... But no reply's on mij application yet:doh:)

A very warm welcome Ive! What a story about the purchase, haha. There is a lot of information and knowledge on this forum, and most important of all, the most friendly people!

Went to the RDW to get it on dutch plates last thursday.
IMG_20201029_075939.jpg

It took some time and a unexpected complete checkup but the car past all that the trew at her.
So now it wil get the plates and it has MOT as well.
So happy me!

Back