Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Help with choke

jjames687

1991 Lider 1300cc
Hello, American here writing from Colombia where I have just bought a 1991 R4 Lider (1300cc).

I was wondering if anyone can send me a photo or diagram of how the choke linkage is hooked up on their Solex carb.

It seems that I have a Solex from what I can see comparing photos, but the car as is has the choke completely disconnected. As in the linkage and arm is completely loose, not hooked up to anything. Not sure if the previous owner had an issue and just removed everything or what happened there.

Thanks in advance!

Hi James
Congratulations on getting a Lider - the 1300cc is a fantastic engine (they were fitted to some UK R5s, but not 4s).
The Solex carb your car probably has was fitted to the earliest 1108cc R4s in Europe, but most of those cars and vans are long gone now.
Have a look at the third photo in this thread - it might help.

Hi James
Congratulations on getting a Lider - the 1300cc is a fantastic engine (they were fitted to some UK R5s, but not 4s).
The Solex carb your car probably has was fitted to the earliest 1108cc R4s in Europe, but most of those cars and vans are long gone now.
Have a look at the third photo in this thread - it might help.
Thanks Andy.

The photos are helpful. It seems that is the same carb that I have. Cheers!

Back