Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hi All...

reidalpine

Enthusiast
Hope you're all doing real nice and that you are out there in your 4L. I haven't been on here for quite some time now as other stuff has taken up lots of time
as we're a bit "behind" over here in Norwayland re weather/temps etc I've just pulled the cover off of Roffen ,drycranced the motor to build some oilpressure then
gave him a couple shots of carbcleaner and watched how petrol poured into the Malpassi b4 he started up with that raspy dry nice sound!
being into hifi I'm a bit anal about sound but there is little to compete with the sound of that first start-up after nearly a year in a moth-bag

Last year was a total waste and a fiasco as I didn't bother slepping round here in Norwaystan -Not with the prices charged for a glorified shed(hotel etc) maybe time Has come to consider moving somewhere else?
Wife soon to stop work. Me? -I haven't done anything sensible for so long I can't remember what that was like. Or even what the point of it all was..

Got a R8Gorde orig 1100cc coming up for sale a little later, all original (mostly)all there been stood for years inside/dry being sold as a rolling project and
it'll likely end up going "home" to whre it was born..

Mot on Roffen next week.hopefully w.o any probs.Took him out for a spin the other day and Boy do that 1400cc Alpine-motor love rpm's! :clapping:
Hopefully we will all have our shots (and passes) so we can go places this summer.Hope to meet up with lots of you if we're so lucky!!
First & foremost: Stay Safe gang! -R.

Greetings Reid, glad you and your good lady are still in the land of the living, and that you are awakening your beasty from hibernation. It would be nice if we can do a few car get togethers this year, and hopefully our paths will cross. If not this year, let's make it Thenay 2022. Jez, that sounds a long way off. Keep your head down buddy, and stay safe.
Cheers B.

Got Roffen through the Mot with one fail,parking-brake not working.drove home cleaned the Y-joint (yoke?) where the one wire splits into two lots of sticky stuff,loosened it up b4 taking off wheels and drums Lots of brakedust and some glazing used emerypaper to rid off glazing,mounted on and pulled the park-brake several times,could hear the selfadjusting tightening up ,took for a spin down a gravel steep hill pulled parkbreak which worked as should so returned to garage Due to Covid I wasnt alloved into garage.guy came out and told me it is still not working.. Through the door I could see Roffen still with his rearwheels on the rolling-road and asked him to try it once more -still not working.
Now I asked him to try to put the Frontwheels onto the roll-road -and what do you know ?? Working like a charm (shows it pays to test the correct axles.. We agreed next Mot if he finds a fault he's to turn a blind eye (and this is one of the Good garages...:doh: All the best -Reid.

Back