Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

I hope I will not be lynched for posting this... :) (It's safe for work)

Niels Svane

Renault 4TL '83, 1B1 845cc engine, Ducellier diz
I know this is a R4/old renault based forum, but I couldn't find an off topic place to post this magnificent piece of equipment I've just sorted out today.
Do you have these east-block smokemachines in the UK? It's due to be thrown around on fields (we dont have a lot of green lanes) and on our large beaches in the west. And then to be a fun basic travel bike besides my K75 ferry.
I'll remove the post if it's not appropriate. Or hurry and park the R4 next to the bike thus making it a joint project ;)
Have a nice evening

Niels, Yes we do have MZs here in the UK and there are three in my workshop! For only £60 I bought a great pile of spares, three frames, lots of wheels, etc, and I began to build an enduro version of an ETZ250. When I was much younger, these Eastern European two strokes were regarded as 'grey porridge' and so not worth wasting one's time with, but over the years, more and more of us appreciate them. And, of course, I remember their racing bikes which were very good considering they had tiny budgets to work with. Their No1 rider and engineer, Ernst Degner, of course 'jumped' the Iron Curtain taking with him many of the MZ secrets to Suzuki. Good bikes.

Back here they also have a large faithful following. The roots to Jørgen Skafte Rasmussenalso makes it special for danes. It isnt your endevours that are described on realclassic.co.uk is it? I read about an etz classic trial bikebuild in there along with a nice guide to mikunis on mz's

Old cars, old bikes, they go together. My barn find is a Matchless G80 from 1947 and the first competition bike sold post war by Alan Jefries of Shipley. Originally a rigid back end with a period sprung back end added at a later date.IMG_20160813_162455[1].jpg I have lots of other bits as well but it might be a project too far.

Back here they also have a large faithful following. The roots to Jørgen Skafte Rasmussenalso makes it special for danes. It isnt your endevours that are described on realclassic.co.uk is it? I read about an etz classic trial bikebuild in there along with a nice guide to mikunis on mz's

Not me in Real Classic

MZ was common sight at Croatian roads back in '80....still can "smell" exhaust fumes from that beast.
Aldo personally never was to much into motorcycles. Only one i could manage is vespa 250

Wartburgs were also driven in big numbers back in '80.
Much eastern block cars were sold and driven in Croatia during '70 and '80.
Skoda, Moskvic, ZAZ, GAZ, Trabant, Wartburg, Plonez...
Nowadays rare sight on roads

Back