Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

I'm so mad........

ian Stanbury

Enthusiast
I am so mad on my new interest in R4's that .........I have gone and bought another. I bought it from a very nice chap in Paris called Manuel Fernandes who with his family are fanatical FC Porto fans!! I left home to catch the TGV to Paris at 9 o'clock and got to the nice suburb called Acheres in the North West Paris at 2pm - A 5 hour trip.

After the usual formalities of talking football with his family he put me on the A12 for home at 3pm and wished me well for the return trip. I got caught up in a torrential downpour for over one and a half hours travelling at 50 kph. Once it cleared I put my foot down and reached the magic speed of 120kph all the way home to Western France and arrived at 9.

So, Paris by TGV - 5 hours. Return trip by R4 - 6 hours, so I think you will all agree that if I had got up to 120kph immediately, it would have been quicked by R4!!!

Viva FC Porto!!!

Here are some snaps of my 'new' speed machine!!

• CIMG5226.JPG
    CIMG5226.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 174
Ian's new R4

Ian, what an amazing journey for a little car! She looks a bit like three R4s joined together. Make sure the glue hasn't melted in the rain!

Well done with the R4 purchase. It's probably just the light but the paint matching on the wings does seem a bit poor. Although blue can be a difficult colour to match exactly. I like the tartan headrest.

Paris and back in a day is good going. It's much further than it looks on the map.

Tartan headrests

God willing, you should see the tartan headrests on the 28th of May at the 'gathering'

It may be a good runner but is a bit rusty and has no headlights!!

• CIMG5261.JPG
    CIMG5261.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 180
  • CIMG5264.JPG
    CIMG5264.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 220
I wouldn't worry too much about that rusty sill. Warny in St. Vith, Belgium makes them along with a host of other bits that tend to rust. Oh, one piece of advise... it pays to go there and pick up the stuff in person. I got a nice discount on the parts I went to get. Some bits that are in the catalog for 34 Euro's went for 20 and 2 that cost 11,95 a piece went for 10 euro's a piece. They do like to get prior warning so they can get the parts ready for you.

Where's their catalog? There are no prices on the website. I was planning on going there in a couple of weeks, its not that far for me :D

I think you'll have to ask them to send you one. I simply went over there and put on an innocent face.

Back