Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

John Doe's R4

John Doe

Enthusiast
Pimp my R4

Here it goes!

This is the way it was 4 years ago when we bought it.
resize4f9rd.jpg

resize4b0dl.jpg

Then came the crash on january 1. 2005 (it was not my fault).
crashfront7nb.jpg

crashback2fj.jpg

Then we bought another one for spare parts.
brothersfront4ox.jpg

brothersback4wy.jpg

And at the end we get this.
newr4front0bl.jpg

newr4back6jt.jpg

I need to change the grill and put the square license plate and then everything will be perfect :D

Every time I see this colour I am speechless! Beautiful, beautiful :lol:

The car looks great. Dark metallic paint is tricky to get right and it looks like you've done a great job on that.

Your crash happened a week after mine - but yours was a lot worse.

Clementine said:
The car looks great. Dark metallic paint is tricky to get right and it looks like you've done a great job on that.

Your crash happened a week after mine - but yours was a lot worse.

Well the crash was pretty depressing but insurance covered the damage, not everything. I was furious because it was not my fault in any way. There was this guy pulling left in front of me, there was traffic from opposite direction so we had to wait, while we were waiting this girl rammed me from behind with Golf II, I rammed the guy in front of me... You can see the results.

Mine was someone else's fault too. The car in front did something unpredictable, I kept my distance and was hit by the car behind. The insurance company gave me some money which I spent on a holiday. That was 3 days after my restoration. Still haven't made the repairs, just bent the car into the right shape with a jack, and bolted on a new tail gate and bumper.

It's a shame that the Renault 4 is worth so little money. All you can get from the insurance company is the value of the car which doesn't really pay for the repairs. Still, good to see yours looking so good.

the car look's great! I can only dream of doing work this good. I'm now on the look out for a four door model in the future, to work on in my spare time the only problem with the van is I can't take the kids in it, again the car looks amazing welldone mate!

Back