Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Just at the right time!

renault4ever

Enthusiast
I am so pleased to have discovered this forum, people that can understand the same language!
My wife and I have had 4's for a number of years and she is well known in the local area by her 'little red car' I have been restoring them for about 5 years on and off as time allowed, but I am retiring next month so I intend to get started on the six we have in the garden! I have already found the forum useful and I hope I will be able to contribute as well later.

Great find! Keep it going!

Hi Chris, thanks for joining the forum. I had noticed that Renault 4 numbers were declining - seems you've got them all.

Do you have any odd or unusual Renault 4s in your collection? I'm a fan of the 1960s and 70s style of car, but these are becoming a quite rare. (Having said that, a friend's grandmother has a 3 speed low mileage R4 tucked away in a barn in France so I might get my chance.)

Looking forward to hearing about your projects.

The rarest one I have is a '69 850 in light blue which is going to be the first project, but it does need the o/s/r chassis mount repairing. I could really do with the details of the jig you used!!
That's the bigest job it needs, the rest is in very good condition.The remaining cars are all newer, but I did miss an original pick up some years ago, that I had to turn down because I didn't have the room for it. I've been kicking myself ever since! :evil:
I won't make that mistake again!

CJ

Oops - I missed this one. The chassis jig was made using dimensions from the factory workshop manual. If you don't have a copy I can copy the relevant pages to you.

I missed out on buying a 1972 car the other day. You don't happen to have any with the bench seat that you'd part with do you?

Yes, I was looking through my copy of the manual the other morning (as you do) when I saw the diagrams. They're not easy to read but I think I should be able to work it out. I also found the profile of the rubber door trim, which I'd never noticed before either!
After all the replies to the post, it looks like we will be able to source anything soon which will be great.

Back to my collection, alas with two exceptions they are all GTL's and neither of the execptions have bench seats.

CJ

I'll try to find the drawings of my jig - they'll probably be in a scrumpled mouse eaten bit of paper in the corner of the garage. I'll let you know when I find them.

Back