Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Looking for a renault 4

eilidhbee

I'm based in Edinburgh and am looking for a renault 4 with an MOT to run for the next few months. I don't know if there is anywhere up here to go looking - anyone know?

Thanks and hope you can help!:hug:

Hi Eilidbee,
Not easy, I'm in Edinburgh too, it took me ages to find an R4, and when I did it was on the south coast of England!. Keep an eye on the local blue/yellow paper, Edinburgh advertiser?, and Ebay of course, and if you see a little dark blue 4TL around Kings Buildings, wave!
Bison.

HI Bison,

Thanks for your message - I will wave! :) I got a message from someone in Scotland with an R4 but no MOT, etc. Any advice?

eilidhbee

Hi Eilidhbee,
How long is a bit of string?. Are you fussy about whether it's a GTL or a TL?. Get an idea of condition from the owner and go see it, I'm happy to come along and give advice if I can find time. Particularly find out what it failed it's MOT on , rust I'll wager!. These cars are easy to work on and parts are cheap so if you can do bits and bobs yourself you can save a lot of money.
Bison.

Hi Bison,

Thanks for your offer - i may take you up on it. I have been trying to think of someone who could take a look with a professional eye and let me know how much I could expect to pay to get it roadworthy. It is a GTL and was refurbished in 2004 out and in. It's been off the road since March 2007 but not becasue it failed just becasue it was unused. The owner said it started first time and went round the block ok.
I have asked him about trying to get an idea of how mcuh work is need before I commit to a visit.
I'll keep you posted. ;)

Hi Eilidhbee,
It sounds rather good doesn't it?. Mind you, I've found that one persons idea of what is OK isn't always anothers. I'm off touring Normandy in my little TL this Tuesday coming until the 8th, but still happy to look see if I can help. I guess what you have to take into account is it's going to cost at least £100 to go to England and back even if it's the North of England, and you can't really tell until you have a look, I would commit to a visit anyway, it will give you a sort of benchmark as to condition.
Cheers.

Hi There,

I'm Anne from Belgium. Since I went to France... I fell in love with the Renault R4. I would like to buy one. Can anybody recommend me a site/place where I van buy them, please?

Greats,
Anne

Welcome Anne. In the UK the best place is eBay. There are a fair number of cars on eBay.fr, but not so many on eBay.be. So I'd be inclined to look in France. Windclassics in the Netherlands has a few (click occasions), but they are very expensive.

There are classified ads in France that people mention from time to time, but I don't have the links, also a few Renault 4 sites in France have classified ads (again I didn't record the links). If anyone has suggestions I'll write the links down this time.

Back