Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Looking...

r4atthebasin

Enthusiast
Having purchased a LHD R4 in the autumn I have convinced myself that a 60's or 70's Renault must be in my garage. I have a choice either to subject my R4 to a full restro or seek out something else and sell my R4 to someone who wants a tired but sound R4 to play with. If anyone has or knows of a top quality R4, R8 or Dauphine (or othervinteresting Renault from that period) that might be offered for sale I'd be interested in a chat. I'm looking for something that is top quality and more than prepared to pay a fair price. If this works my tired R4 will be up for sale. Looking forward to ideas! Michael

Still searching for a replacement R4 (or R8 or Dauphine) - willing to pay good money for an excellent example - anyone know of any good 4's for sale?

How good?
I have a '65 R4 which is almost rust free, runs & drives well except for rear wheel bearings (I think, but that may be one of the others!) It' a 6 volt, good interior. To turn it into a minter a couple of wings & a respray would be necessary. It has no rear side windows, so quite a rare one.

• 65d.jpg
    65d.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 65e.jpg
    65e.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 149
R4

Thanks for the post - where is the vehicle, what sort of price and does it have MOT / has or is it on SORN?

Michael

The car is here in France so no sorn. I have about 7 - 8 R4s here waiting to be fettled or broken for parts, depending on condition, including a Rodeo.
This one belonged to an old farmer until recently, unfortunately his driving skills deteriorated along with his health, so it had a new bonnet, now changed to the correct type, a new tailgate, (i have an original to go on along with the correct bumper) & a new front wing, which he also bent! The shell itself has not been damaged & the only rust I can find is in this photo, showing the front floor corner. The other shows how clean the rest of it is.
I am 60 miles north of Bordeaux & would like £1400 for the car.
All the best,
Mark

• 65f.jpg
    65f.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 118
  • 65g.jpg
    65g.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 121
Back