Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Lucky coincidence

ecurb.renots

Enthusiast
Today I popped into our local beakers yard near Limoges in France hoping to get some door bin clips and the steering column undertray as mine is a bit damaged and ask about a seat. Now the interior of my 1983 clan is not good the drivers seat is sagging and the upholstery poor and i have been in the lookout for another seat in the scottish tartan. They had none of the parts and were not very helpful but as i was leaving a recovery truck drove into the yard with a white Clan on board, I took a look and it had the most amazing tartan upholstery, in almost perfect condition. THe seats had no sag and compared to mine appeared comfortable.

I went back into the yard after a few minutes and asked again, long story short they cannot sell the parts for 7 days as until then the car is not offically theirs. So next Monday i pick up the seats and doorcards together with both parts of the steering column plastic, and while the door pockets were missing the little clips which i have been trying to get were all present.

I think for a french scrappy 170 euros for the lot was a fair price, well i am happy anyway having seen single seats on leboncoin for 80 euros. At last i will have a seat which will be a little more comfortable.

The poor white Clan looked very tidy but had failed the new french test on rusty lower seat belt mountings. It looked like a car worth restoring but they would not sell it complete and no doubt they have already made a profit from it.

Back