Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Meet Wojo, The Slovenian French Air Force Fighter

Baron von Zach

Enthusiast
s-l1600.jpg

"I just did something incredibly stupid"....
Your car looks like the way the French drive?

Nice 405! There are surely less of them on U.K. roads than R4s?

Right.

I think I found the explanation for the cold moulding applied to the factory stampings.

No sniggering back there! I bet it means something entirely different in French.

There are some genuine Renault spares.

This is what it is supposed to be.

Is this from a novelty shop, or could it be true?

What is this bracket for?

Wow, a late French airforce Renault 4
The bracket must be something military.
Aren't there any ground wires connected to the inside of the doors? Or at least the remaining bolts?
They were on my Armee de L‘ air Sinpar.

So it is indeed an Air Force? Odd, since it's apparently built in Novo Mesto.
I assume the bracket is for a fire extinguisher. There is a corresponding rubber band still in the car.

No earthing straps on the doors, but there is one on the bonnet, riveted at both ends.
There is other bracketry riveted to the supports inside the engine bay that certainly isn't factory.
The rivets all look pretty aircraft grade.

A P405 Executive! I’ve been looking for one of those for years! All I have so far is the alloy wheels and the gearstick knob! Plus two LXTDs one of which is believed to be the last one ever registered new in the UK . . . .

Right.

We had a bit of a poke around today and the car is actually not entirely rubbish.
There is a bit of welding required and here is my question - who within a reasonable radius around Stockport could you recommend for this kind of work?

Right.

I think I found the explanation for the cold moulding applied to the factory stampings.

No sniggering back there! I bet it means something entirely different in French.

There are some genuine Renault spares.

This is what it is supposed to be.

Is this from a novelty shop, or could it be true?

What is this bracket for?

bracket likely for an Exorcet or poss Penguin missile.....(you can see slight burnmark from previous launch)

Back