Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

MOT Holiday

jcarruthers2

Enthusiast
Fellow Renaut 4 enthusiasts, my MOT expires in April and I was wondering whether there was provision for this. Just found this information on the Gov website.There appears to be a 6 month MOT holiday from the 30/3/20 onwards if your MOT is due to expire after this date. However, you are still responsible for making sure your car is roadworthy. I thought I would post it just in case someone will be in a similar situation.

I've seen this too, not sure how it is implemented though - my Twingo is due for MOT 24/04, MOT checking site shows that it is still due on that date so I wonder whether there will be an automatic extension of six months or they just will allow any car due after 30/03 to drive without a valid MOT until 30/09?

Thanks, yes this is useful information. Our R4 is currently SORNed (off the road and not taxed) anyway, but with covid-19 it won't be until much later before we get it MOT'd and taxed now. I've been charging the battery though and might drive it out of the garage though!

Seems like some MOT garages have reduced staff or shut down altogether so possibly won't be easy to MOT now anyway. Just did re-MOT on my camper at U-drive this morning and overheard that a nearby U-drive MOT branch was shutting today, and their own staff had halved since last week.

Insurance is OK. They are just making MOTs after 30th March expire after 18 months instead of 12 months so you'll still have an MOT and be legal.

....... but your vehicle still needs to road-worthy (safe) whether or not the MOT has been extended :waving:

My daily vw is the same as expires on the 26th, I have 6 months to get it done so all good

I've just carried out an M.O.T. on a friend's Peugeot 308. The testing station I use is still open, but trade is slack, both for M.O.T.s and general repairs. The boss is re-painting his office this afternoon!

Back