Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Must be my eyes

Neil

Enthusiast
Hadn't seen another R4 for days. Pulled-up outside the shops yesterday next to another little workhorse. Half-hour later, while my missus was returning our trolly, a rather attractive lady returned to her car. She started the engine, looked across at me and smiled. Naturally I smiled back. I detected that she had been smitten by my good looks! She appeared flustered as she started the engine and fumbled with the gear-shift, apparently forgetting that selecting reverse required both hands! I mimed the required action ..... she giggled and smiled once more before waving goodbye.
On the wife's return to our car, I told her that the female R4 driver had fancied me, to which she replied ..... look in the mirror DICKHEAD !!!
20210204_131742.jpg20210205_101850.jpg

Wow! Ours hasn't seen a comrade for years now.

Two hands for reverse though?

Hadn't seen another R4 for days. Pulled-up outside the shops yesterday next to another little workhorse. Half-hour later, while my missus was returning our trolly, a rather attractive lady returned to her car. She started the engine, looked across at me and smiled. Naturally I smiled back. I detected that she had been smitten by my good looks! She appeared flustered as she started the engine and fumbled with the gear-shift, apparently forgetting that selecting reverse required both hands! I mimed the required action ..... she giggled and smiled once more before waving goodbye.
On the wife's return to our car, I told her that the female R4 driver had fancied me, to which she replied ..... look in the mirror DICKHEAD !!!
View attachment 27725View attachment 27727
A heartwarming story for all men of a 'certain age' here in lockdown central Portugal! These days the quatrelle gets to see: A. The car park at Lidl. 2. The petrol station at Intermarche 3. The nearby river beaches of the Rio Zezere. Small pleasures in a wacky world! Good health/boa saude to all.

RENAULT REAR.jpeg

A heartwarming story for all men of a 'certain age' here in lockdown central Portugal! These days the quatrelle gets to see: A. The car park at Lidl. 2. The petrol station at Intermarche 3. The nearby river beaches of the Rio Zezere. Small pleasures in a wacky world! Good health/boa saude to all.

View attachment 27728
Meanwhile in another part of Portugal, someone has just brought home Lunch!

Mushroom Quatrelle.jpg

I suspect it's the headrests that lots of us are jealous of :)

Wow! Ours hasn't seen a comrade for years now.

Two hands for reverse though?
Been practising the single handed technique this morning. Takes much longer. Apply handbrake - stop engine - walk round vehicle - sit in passenger seat - select reverse (sometimes requires releasing handbrake and rocking car to get gears to mesh) - return to driver's seat - depress clutch - start engine - manoeuvre.
Cheers20190403_131721.jpg

Hello Neil.
Good to see your motor out in the wild.
And I thought we were the only ones with reverse gear challenges Ours doesn’t usually need force but finding it at all can be a task - usually when holding up traffic while parking :whistle:
Best wishes, Simon.

Hello Neil.
Good to see your motor out in the wild.
And I thought we were the only ones with reverse gear challenges Ours doesn’t usually need force but finding it at all can be a task - usually when holding up traffic while parking :whistle:
Best wishes, Simon.
Hello old chum. I am teaching my wife to drive in the Quatrelle - on the back roads and forest tracks here in Central Portugal; and usually tell her to "use 2 hands to select reverse" - followed by "slide the gears in slowly - there's no hurry"! She is also being taught in a modern car with the gear lever on the floor; so i have had to acclimatise her to using our 40 year old car. Easy for me as i've had 5 Quatrelles over the years! She is getting there......slowly! Keep safe and dry! Boa saude/good health to all. Jobbins

JOBBIE RELAXES.jpg

Back