Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My First Renault 4

Thank you!

I have some different problems than you (poor hot start even after few hours, and slightly puled chocke cable to pull nicely) and not sure if it will this seal will help in my case but worth to try.

I could not find that seal anywhere and even search local sealing manufacturers to see if they can make one (or many) according to sample.

Jonathan T...In my (long term) plans, thinking buying one like yours to test it myself. But must get rich first :D

Thank you!

I have some different problems than you (poor hot start even after few hours, and slightly puled chocke cable to pull nicely) and not sure if it will this seal will help in my case but worth to try.

I could not find that seal anywhere and even search local sealing manufacturers to see if they can make one (or many) according to sample.

Yes I found that I needed to use the choke at a certain point to get it to pull at its best and the new seal has definitely helped.

Also this thread may help you in regards to hot starts :) https://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/threads/hot-starts.10024/

Tx!
I have read that thread before.

But with another carb i did not have problem with chocke or hot start. So i conclude that issue is inside carb.

I am glad that you have find solution for your carb.

At the end they (carbs) are all the same jet totaly diffetent. :D

Excellent job, well done, all looks great. Making me hang me head in shame. Just about to take mine off the road and rsore it. Rust all usual places but mechanics great, thankfully. Gonna look for a new chassis from Melu or others here in France then build bck up from there, fingers crossed!

Excellent job, well done, all looks great. Making me hang me head in shame. Just about to take mine off the road and rsore it. Rust all usual places but mechanics great, thankfully. Gonna look for a new chassis from Melu or others here in France then build bck up from there, fingers crossed!

Thank you, It's much appreciated :).

I wish you the best in your restoration!

Given the 4 a good all over polish, took it out for a spin and filled it up with some new jungle juice and all-in-one fuel additive for when it's stationary. But wow these empty roads are a luxury :p.

We're slowly getting through the list of quarantine tune ups and tweaks so more updates to come :laughing:.

He's some videos we took today to show, as I said I would about a year ago :whistle:, the sound of my stainless steel exhaust system in use. Please excuse the poor quality and vertical video.

No outside human contact occured during the filming or the making of these videos :p.

Nice sound :clapping: the wind in the microfone sounded like "backfiring" from a lamborghini v12 :D

Seen as quarantine has given us nothing better to do we used today to mask up my Fergat wheels ready for their two-tone paint job.

To help we made up a stencil from hardboard to speed up masking the outer slots as the tight curves are especially difficult and we did not want to use a blade on the already lacquered surface.

The stencil -
20200410_114120.jpg

The masking using the cutout from the stencil -
20200410_123318.jpg

After many hours work the wheels went from this -
20200410_164719.jpg

To this -
20200410_164705.jpg

We will paint them tomorrow to make use of the ideal weather :).

Nerve taking job. That masking.
But definitely worth to do it perfect.
I once sprayed a set of Capri MK1 Rostyles silver but then did the black sections (using Humbrol enamel) with a modeller's brush. If I say so myself, they looked a treat - I didn't fancy the fiddle of masking. I used enamel because you have to carefully choose the type of paint to go on top of cellulose. Just a thought. I'd love a set of those wheels (or alloys) by the way. You're doing a lovely job too.

Thank you everyone, the masking was definitely tedious but 100% worth the effort. Dad also mentioned using Humbrol if we were to brush paint the wheels Eccles, but we were worried about the quality of modern paints lacking all the old chemicals benefits.

I went out for a little drive as soon they were fitted, another essential journey :whistle:, and here are some photos I took. We're both really pleased with the 1970's sporty look and it's nice to have that sharper handling back...

B&S Fergat Front.jpgB&S Fergat Side.jpgB&S Fergat Rear.jpg

Back