Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Parts required for Reg the R4

Chris Litchfield

Enthusiast
As of yesterday, I am now the proud owner of a lovely blue GTL. I am on the lookout for a couple of bits for him. Please get in touch if you can help me with any of the following :-

*Front door inside panels in good condition (existing ones have speakers cut into them)
*Rear window catch (the n/s one has snapped off)
*Original radio console

I hope someone can help and am looking forward to a Renault 4 run some time...!

Chris (& Reg)

• Reg.jpg
    Reg.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 92
Well done - looks a nice car that one.

I might be able to help with all of those bits, though all my bits are grubby. Not sure how easily the door panels would clean up, and it's possible the radio console has a little crack near one of the bolt holes in the side. Fancy a trip to Bedford?

I'm sure one of the French suppliers has started remanufacturing the door trim panels, but I can't remember which one. There was a link on the forum recently or else it's listed in where to buy in the guides section.

Thanks. That would be great. Bedford isn't far away for me. I will come along in Reg. When is best for you? Weekends or week days?

Windclassics do a full kit of upholstery for this 4. I could get new door panels from them, but I thought I would try UK owners on the off chance first.

Are you a member of 2CVGB? I saw a previous discussion about turning up to a 2CV event, which I think would be nice. 2CV owners in general seem to have an affection for the 4 as well, so I think a group of 4's would be well received at a 2CVGB event.

New car

Well done, I just missed buying this car when it came up on ebay earlier this year ,I daren't tell you how much it sold for. But it looks like a really good example and look forward to seeing it at next years run. I have a console which I prepared to let go so please get in touch.

It is probably best I don't know what the car sold for earlier this year... I am just happy to have a nice 4 a colour that I really like!

I will pm you re: the console.

Thanks

Chris

Back