Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

"Project" R4GTL for sale

Tomcat

Enthusiast
I went to look at this GTL which is based at Kenilworth near Warwick. Engine started and sounded OK. I took some pictures which I will post on here.
John, the owner, is not a fan of forums but is losing his workshop & storage due to HS2 route. He can be contacted on 07761484854 but note he works shifts.
Vehicle comes with many replacement spares and it is my understanding John is looking for £750 or near offer.

At my tender years and with limited facilities I felt it too much for me to take on.

• DSC00754.JPG
    DSC00754.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC00756.JPG
    DSC00756.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC00758.JPG
    DSC00758.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC00759.JPG
    DSC00759.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC00762.JPG
    DSC00762.JPG
    173.7 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Tomcat for sharing this, you made me a happy man! had a call with John and going to see it when he's available this week.

I was in the process of trying to find a project in France, and get it transported back here with all the potential troubles around that... meanwhile this car is there, waiting, only 8 miles away from home !

I'll give more details here when I manage to see it, hopefully to say it found a new home :)

Thanks,
Severin

I believe John is very honest so hopefully something can be worked out to your mutual advantages.:)

I managed to go there today, had a good look around, I think the chassis is in really bad shape but on the other hand it's nice to see that the engine started without any trouble.
So mechanically no real issues there it seems, but a huge work of cutting/welding to do (or call me crazy, but Franzose are tempting me with their complete chassis... :rolleyes:). In any case we agreed on the price with John, and I should pick it up in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks again for sharing this. I guess I'll soon have to create a topic in another section of the forum! :laughing:

I managed to go there today, had a good look around, I think the chassis is in really bad shape but on the other hand it's nice to see that the engine started without any trouble.
So mechanically no real issues there it seems, but a huge work of cutting/welding to do (or call me crazy, but Franzose are tempting me with their complete chassis... :rolleyes:). In any case we agreed on the price with John, and I should pick it up in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks again for sharing this. I guess I'll soon have to create a topic in another section of the forum! :laughing:

Pleased it worked out for you. Look forward to seeing 'progress' on it over the coming months.:)

Back