Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Project Roofrack - Mission accomplished

DavidN

Enthusiast
It has been a long off-season.
(Even longer for me because we had to deal with the sudden death of our 14 Year old beloved son in November.)

Nevertheless life goes on somehow and especially Tim had wanted me to go on with it and always look forward in a positive way.
(Even if it can be unimaginable hard sometimes...)

So I recently finished the roofrack for my little R4 van. It is an original vintage Autokuli rack I got for cheap.
After the powdercoating to match the colour of the bumpers I rivetted some wooden slats on top of the rack.

Here it is ...

Cheers,

David

• F6-Roofrack-01.jpg
    F6-Roofrack-01.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 320
  • F6-Roofrack-02.jpg
    F6-Roofrack-02.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 236
David , I am so sorry about your son, I just cant imagine the pain,
The rack looks great,
Take care,
Reg,

Terribly sorry for your son.

nice roof rack you have there!

H!

Man, that's awful to hear David, my condolences. I wish you a lot of strength. And you made a lovely roofrack there. Pictures are also very beautiful.

Take care.

Life sometimes decides instead of us and makes un-understandable decisions, I m very sorry to hear this as well David.

What you ve done looke really nice, the wooden parts fit just wonderful with the nice old looking blue, really nice combination.

Sorry to hear about your son, its not a nice place to be in

The Van looks very nice btw, planning to use it? or just for show?

So sorry to hear about your son you can only imagine what it's like until it happens.
Followed your project all the way through, wonderful little van well done, I hope my sons turns out like that when we start restoring it this year.

Thanks to all for your kind words!

My son Tim did help me during the restoration 2 Years ago, so a little of his spirit will stay with that car.

@ Eoynteenie
The van is in daily use during the summer months.
The rack is probably just for show as the F6 offers more space than you can dream of. ;)

Cheers,

David

• Restauration-07.jpg
    Restauration-07.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Restauration-23.jpg
    Restauration-23.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 200
Back