Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Garage in France

If only such a place was just up the road from me...

It is up the road from me, we have a house nr. Brive (Objat)!. Shame about Covid!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have purchased some excellent cars from this region in the past. I have been visiting since 1973!

It is far enough South to avoid rust issues generally, although you still need to take a look.

My best 2 purchases were a 1978 850cc renault 4 in bright green for £200 with CT. I drove that for thousands of miles, even took it with me to Central London for a year. Excellent car.

The other one was a one owner Citroen CX saloon in silver and 60,000k. It had been parked in a dry garage for 12 years when I paid £300 for it as a non runner.

It was the 2 litre Citroen "suitcase" engine. about 110 bhp. It needed very little to get it right and having such a light motor upfront was a super car to drive. I brought that one back to blighty as well. I would have another.

Thinking about it, It is where I also saw the saddest thing.

We had a Portuguese owned scrapyard around 2000 the other side of Voutezac.

I was hunting for bits when I dropped in to find the owner squeezing the roof of a Renault 3. It was completely solid but he had just mangled it.

He had just cleared out a house where the owner had passed away and was weighing in the scrap.

The household car was one of the earliest 3's (4's) I have ever seen and I had arrived 10 minutes too late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will never forget.

Back