Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 restoration France

David Gray

Enthusiast
I was told of a restoration workshop at Pont L'Eveque, west of Rouen in France.
We are off to Normandy in a few days in our R4s and wanted to visit this garage but don't know exactly where it is.
Does anyone know of this garage?

If you follow the old RN from Pont L'Eveque towards Caen, its probably the one at La Haie Tondue, I went past there a few weeks ago and there were lots of R4's parked outside, as well as a lot of 2CV's etc. On the right hand side coming from Pont L'Eveque.

..Not only but also..

..David, I assume you know that Pont L'Eveque is not only famous for the Renault 4 garage but also for the absoluteliest Stinkiest cheese in the world...so stack up while you are there - I had some at Peppers summer party last year and was 'persona non grata' for a month!!

Here is a pic of Pont L'Eveque..built by Eiffel I believe?

• Xv.jpg
    Xv.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 390
We have just come back from a moped rally in the Avesnois - the local cheese there is called Maroilles, that's got a good strong smell, rather more than Pont L'Eveque imho :), but I seem to remember a radio programme about a cheese shop where if a customer came in for something particularly smelly the assistant would shout down into the cellar 'unchain the Limburger'.

Just to keep everyone up to date - the R4's have arrived in Normandy.
On the way back from a clients house at lunchtime we spotted 2 UK reg R4's, whilst Pat went shopping I went off to have a look, and it was David and friend.
Not sure what the odds of meeting in the 30,000 sq kilometres of Normandy would be!

Hi Paul,
Just arrived back, had a great time, had a little problem on the M6 today, a blocked main jet, only took ten minutes to fix, that's the first time little "Rene" has ever let us down, but as I said, he was up and running in no time. Averaged about 58mpg, down to 55mpg above 55mph.
Great to meet you, and as you said, what were the chances of bumping into each other in the middle of Normandy.
Cheers,
Alan.
(The blue one)

Back