Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

R4 Savanne

Luigi Berlusconi

Enthusiast
If i'm right the Savanne is a TL?
So 845cc, what's it top speed? I heard it's about 125 km/h, but i reckon it's somewhat slower. There's one for sale not far from where I live, so i'm pondering a move for that one.

I had a search around the internet, but my lack of Dutch language stopped me from finding an answer.

The Savanne is an L, but it's a late 1980s L, so maybe the 950cc engine? Probably 125km/h would be close to the maximum speed. The smaller engines tend to be slightly more tuned than the 1108cc, so the maximum speed shouldn't be much different (maybe just down to 120km/h).

Yeah i've been looking around too.
The last serie of TL's were called Savanne, while the GTL's were called Clan. I've been over to look at the car today, and the documents than come with it say it's a 1000cc, so i presume it's 950cc.

I read somewhere the 950cc is suposed to do 125 kp/h and the 1108cc over 130. As long as it does 120 its fine by me though.

The car looked great though, it's for sale at a Renault dealer and he put it up the bridge. Chassis looks sound, not rotten at all. It's done nearly 200 000 km though, and leaks some oil. The body has some bumps but i can live with that. It costs £400, so i supose it will be a good buy. I'm gonna swap the interior of my other R4 though (the blue one) because apart from the rear axle being f*cked up, the chassis is completely rotten.

Looks like i'll be having some spare parts in a while. The body of the blue one is still in great shape, so i'll see what i'll do with that.

Back