Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Radio installation

Richnd1974

Enthusiast
I've managed to locate and purchase a radio housing unit for my Renault 4, the car might of had one of these units installed in the past as I can see that the side screws have been used
Quick questions
These is a screw hole at the top of the unit, does it really screw into the heater housing from the top

And what speakers have people gone with, a single mono speaker seems a bit poor so I'm thinking of fitting some stereo speakers discretely, where have people fitted speakers?

I'm then off to find a retro looking head unit.

Cheers Richard

1653239395611.jpeg

Fitted them here in mine, made kick panel out of ply that then bolted using two extra bolts on hinge studs, then cut a series of concentric rings out of thicker ply until the speakers were effectively in enclosed pods, they are out of the way, no need to cut any holes or run any wires into door panels or shelves, retro head unit €15 ebay from china, loads listed, all singing and bluetooth, usb,etc.

No both parcel shelfs are still there, bottom of passenger is in picture its just I have added the metal strip to strengthen the shelf itself as in the past think its been used as a footrest by passengers. Did have some old speaker grills that I intended to use but these would of sat too proud and fowl shelf, had to go with slimline grills keep shelf uncut/modified. I made the pods in panels so that the back of the speaker was in an enclosed unit as if you look at shelves theres a gap, shared air space both sides of cone, tinny sound.
Does that mean you have done away with the parcel shelf?

Hi Richard, just fitted a radio cassette to mine, the console should have a lug at that top that slots into a groove in the blower fan cover. Then you need a clip and screw each side. If you remove the steering column lower trim you will find a red electrical connector taped up that you connect too for live and ground.
Kind regards
Matt

Back