Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Rear brake compensator/bias valve

jxke

Enthusiast
Hi, I’m usually pretty good at finding parts I need but I’m really stumped on a rear brake pressure regulating valve for my 1986 Renault 5 - this type was only on the very early Super 5’s as it got superseded.

Does anyone know where I could get one or have one stashed away? Or know if it’s shared with any other Renault model?

part number is 7700729131

8FA262D7-BDF8-4262-9D69-56AB4F47EE97.jpeg9DE2EEEF-24DD-43AF-85AB-2C47C5685770.jpeg

Easiest thing is to bypass it it is only a pressure limiting valve later cars had the valves built into each wheel cylinder at this point the brake shoe back plate was also changed to a different design

To change to the different shoes and cylinders would involve using the later back plate complete burgers

Hi, I’m usually pretty good at finding parts I need but I’m really stumped on a rear brake pressure regulating valve for my 1986 Renault 5 - this type was only on the very early Super 5’s as it got superseded.

Does anyone know where I could get one or have one stashed away? Or know if it’s shared with any other Renault model?

part number is 7700729131

View attachment 25963View attachment 25964
Hi, I’m in the same situation. Can’t find the part anywhere. Did you eventually find a solution?
Cheers!

Back