Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Books

Beige Belgian

Enthusiast
Hi,

Are there any good Renault 4 books, or general Renault books covering quite a bit on the Renault 4? Looking for pictures, history and the variants rather than the lots on the technical side. English preferably but French and mainly pictures good!

cheers
Matt

hi matt ,
have got a book you can borrow if you want to pay postage (or collect)

La renault 4 de mon pere
1995 in french which means i ve only looked at the pictures and not read the 120 pages
ISBN no is 2-7268-8193-9

i thought books are a bit old fashioned now we have the massive library called the internet ?
ps is it just me or there a lot of matts on this forum :)

"Album Renault 4" by Robert Sejourne is a great R4 book. In French of course, and very hard to get hold of. ISBN: 2-85120-482-3

Books are much better than the internet. Have quite a number of motoring books, but lacking on the R4 front. Mr Reno, thanks for the offer of loaning a copy, I'm in no rush and will bide my time and find a copy of both books, maybe via the net or when at a French autojumble or similar.

cheers
Matt (one of several)

Both of the books mentioned are excellent and could well be the source for many R4 sites!
I had bought the "Album R4" back in 1996 when Internet was almost unknown and it was extremely helpful (not to mention that it almost teached me French!!!).
There is also the equally nice German book "Vom R4 zum Kangoo" ("from R4 to Kangoo"), the title is deceptive as it effectively covers the R4 history.

The book Renault by Hector Mackenzie-Wintle (ace name!) is good, its a picture book of Renault's has quite a few 4 variants and is quite descriptive too (like the very cool twin engined Apal-Muschang). You can get it for about a fiver on ebay. Shows lots of great other Renaults too. The Rosier 4cv Barquette the best!

PS the Renault 4 du mon pere I now have ordered. cheers.

" Books are old fashioned!!" NEVER!
I am coming to the end of writing my DS Book and thought I would start on the Renault 4 next, in English of course, I think it deserves one; I will get to it eventually
And so, eight long years later, how is the Renault 4 book coming along? ;-)

A brief search on Amazon and here are the books they have on the Renault 4 -

1. RENAULT 4 by Andreas Gaubatz & Jan Erhartitsch

2. RENAULT 4/ALL MODELLE VON 1961 BIS 1992 Heribert Hofner

3. RENAULT 4/ALLE MODELLE VON 1961 BIS 1994 Jean-Patrick Baraillé

All are in German. There are of course at least two Haynes manuals to cover the pre 1100cc and 1100cc models.

Hope no one minds if I bump this thread? Looking for book ideas as Mrs is haranguing me for xmas presi's! :-)

"Les frères Marreau du Paris-Dakar : L'aventure en 4L". It's not one more book covering Renault 4 history and model evolution, but rather a tribute to Marreau brothers' 4L adventures in the '60s and '70s. In French, lots of interesting photos, though.
"Generations 4L", also in French, more pictures than text.

Back