Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 F4/F6 rear windows

petak

Enthusiast
I could not find answer to question that is going thru my mind lately.

Are rear windows (long one with possibility to open) same in length and width for F4 and F6 model?
Are curved corners same

Pictures to get better idea what kind of window i am talking about (picture taken form leboncoin add)
3515728b13dde16f34993533324b4831646ed804.jpg

Hi Petak,

I can’t help much from the other side of the world. So it’s probably a little bit rude to reply.
The photo appears to me to have a central divider/vertical strip.
Is this correct? They appear to be sliding because of a little overlap.
Is a two piece window what you are looking for in your plans? Unless you have rear seats for a couple of passengers, I can’t see the value of ventilating the cargo area.

Now a little bit of relevance. My 1968 R4 fourgonette has a single piece of glass each side. If you wish, I think that I can find them in the depths of detritus inside my garage. I could measure them to give you a reference to work from. Let me know if that helps you out.

So what project are you thinking of? I know you must have a plan.

A fourgonette is (dare I say) an even better R4.✅

Think just looking visually the F6 are longer, do know both my windows slide if the central latch is released, has tab knobs each end of glass, do notice the F4 windows look like the front glass slides rearwards, cant see knob /handle visually to slide rear glass forwards, F6 rubber I suppose could be cut down to fit F4 aperture as the corner profileslook very similar, the rubber itself from when I removed rear window to tint does look as if original just comes in lengths formed when originally fitted as does the height in relation to door glass look the same either F4/6.A1E0A60B-7DB4-46CE-ABBC-73AEB8949C49.jpegF94EFA94-C2F4-40F6-89E1-EB2C036C7FE4.jpeg

Tx guys for writing.

David M. There were two kinds of rear windows. Fixed and sliding. I am more into sliding model. Believe they are same in size.

To me it looks like F6 windows are little bit longer and have smaller radius at corners than F4. All of this i am claming according to pictures from net/web. But in many cases pictures may leed you to wrong conclusion. That is why i was wondering if somebody here maybe know that information.

David M..... If it is not to much trouble to get to those windows to measured it, I would appreciate. But don't bother with it if it is to much job.
I will find out it somehow.

I am more into F4 than F6.
Sliding widows and rear seat are "must have" for that F4.

I have (maybe) oportunity to get (buy) rear sliding windows from F6 and wondering if they will fit at F4.
Once i get my fingers on one. :D

Since the F6 is 20cm longer than the F4, side windows should be longer by the same amount.

Sorry Petak,
I missed your request until today.
The glass is wrapped up, but the opening measures
Width 1010mm
Height 348mm
Hopefully this helps you out.

I look forward to seeing the progress on your fourgonette. Keep us posted as always.

ps if you need the glass measurements precisely I will do that, just let me know.

Thank you David M. This is good for now. No need for more precise measurements.

There is still no project with fourgonette.
Hope i will get there.
And you will know it. :waving:

Back