Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 Malibu

John M

Enthusiast
I received the following email from my brother in law following his trip to the NEC. I thought you might be interested.

This was the nearest I could find to a Renault 4 at the NEC Classic
Restoration Show today.

It's the prototype of a proposed cut and shut "Malibu" kit car. About 12
were produced but there was never enough interest or enough good Renault
4s to use.

malibu 1.jpg malibu3.jpg malibu 2.jpg

Just came across an article on this very car from Kitcars and Specials December 1987 - so full of promise and optimism. I guess if we had better weather like, say, the south of France then it might have been a more popular conversion. Hopefully the car still exists as it hasn't been taxed since September 2017.
Anyway, let me transport you back to 1987 when you could buy "old Renault Fours at 10 a penny".......
IMG_6965.JPGIMG_6966.JPGIMG_6968.JPGIMG_6969.JPGIMG_6970.JPG

It seems like using the basic layout and shortened chassis of the JP4.

Out of curiosity, had there really been "a British company manufacturing a simple and inexpensive four wheel drive unit for the Renault 4"?

Just came across an article on this very car from Kitcars and Specials December 1987 - so full of promise and optimism. I guess if we had better weather like, say, the south of France then it might have been a more popular conversion. Hopefully the car still exists as it hasn't been taxed since September 2017.
Anyway, let me transport you back to 1987 when you could buy "old Renault Fours at 10 a penny".......
View attachment 25142View attachment 25148View attachment 25149View attachment 25150View attachment 25151

Hi, I was one of the team that built and sold the Ezeeautomotive R4 cut n shut. Do you have any information on who wins the car in the picture. Would very much like to buy the car if it still exists

Thanks
Chris

Back