Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4 wanted

r4lover

Hi,
I am looking to buy an R4.
I really would like a right hand drive model. To be honest as long as it drives and is reasonably solid (ie. roadworthy) I'm not fussed about colour, condition of bodywork etc.
I actually think there's something rather charming about a beaten up R4!!
If anyone is considering selling or knows of one (I'm checking ebay all the time) please let me know.
I'd only like to spend upto about £1000 (so I know it's not going to be fab condition).
Many thanks,
G.

Dear R4 lover

My blue slightly beaten up R4 tl is still for sale. See my thread from October, with photos attached. It's sitting in my parents garage near Exeter right now. I drove it last weekend just to keep it ticking over. 11 months MOT, righthand drive and in your price range.

Will

I don't have any shots of the interior right now. I'll get my mum to take some and email them to me.
Seats are black leatherette, all in good condition, no rips and firm enough. Ceiling is white and once again good condition. It's a car that hasn't been driven very far (low mileage) and has been cared for.

OK I'll try and get further photos tomorrow.
I bought it from a friend 3 years ago. He knew it's whole history from the old guy who owned it from new, then garaged it for quite a number of years because he was too old to drive it.
I thought I would do it up, but I have since had two kids and moved house. Had much more fun driving it to the beach than respraying it.

LOL...I could imagine. It's perfect for just that sort of thing.
Thanks - I look forward to chatting again.

Regards,
Gavin.

Hi there,
Thanks very much for that.
Wow, she looks lovely!!! Incredibly yellow!!
I'll have a think on it and let you know.
Is it yours?
Gavin.

here are some photos of the interior.

• r4int1.JPG
    r4int1.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 115
  • r4int2.JPG
    r4int2.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 111
  • r4int3.JPG
    r4int3.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 111