Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Renault 4GTL wanted

Paul Narramore

pre-moderated
I have a German friend, a part owner of a local micropub, who is so in love with my R4GTL, he wants one for himself. There are a few provisos. It must be roadworthy and not in need of any major work (rust), it can be a car or a van, it can be LHD or RHD, he has some money to spend. Simple? Please let me known if you have anything suitable and I will let Werner know. ;-)

Maybe it means there should be loads I n Germany already
But maybe your German friend now lives here and you didn't mention that bit
Assumptions are easy to make with out all the facts

:hug:

Just that as a German, I thought he might find that information interesting. And perhaps it might be easier to find a R4 in Germany?

Oh I see. No, he is a partner of a micropub in Kent and has lived here for many years. I failed to see the connection. So the search goes on. I do know of someone connected with 2CVs who buys them abroad then imports them to the UK. He might be a option.

(Later) I've just come across this Renault 4 van (ebay 152511703668) and wonder if it's too much for my friend. It's fairly local (Woking, Surrey) and if he could buy it cheaply enough, and provided there is little rot, he could get the van recommissioned by a garage and still have a decent little runaround.

Last edited:
I have a German friend, a part owner of a local micropub, who is so in love with my R4GTL, he wants one for himself. There are a few provisos. It must be roadworthy and not in need of any major work (rust), it can be a car or a van, it can be LHD or RHD, he has some money to spend. Simple? Please let me known if you have anything suitable and I will let Werner know. ;-)

Hello again Paul,
Your German friend friend sounds like a Renault 4GTL supplier's dream.
For the benefit of forum members who currently have one of the above that they are willing to part with, would you please expand on " HE HAS SOME MONEY TO SPEND"

cheers, N

Neil, As much as I like Werner he is a bit of a 'fly by night' character in that he keeps acquiring vehicles but seems to quickly tire of them before selling them on. He was dead keen on a 2CV then sold it, Land Rovers too, even. A French VeloSolex moped thing. He claims to have no mechanical interest but just likes the R4GTL so he needs to find a quite decent example or pays somebody to get one up to scratch.

Hi, I have f6 with gordini engine and five speed box, rhd £4500 call Brian 01692 580831

Back