Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Replacement body panels and restoration parts

fourcv

I have an early 4L (1967) for which I need replacement body panels. The car needs quite a bit of restoration, such as floor pan replacement and new sills.

New wings would be nice to have as well.

Does anyone know who makes or sells such parts, either in Europe or the UK?

I live in the USA, so parts here do not exist for this model, because Renault never marketed it here.

Renault abandoned the US market in 1989, so there are no dealers here.

Thanks for any ideas/suggestions!

Genuine Renault wings are available in the UK, and I believe the complete floor pan is still available. Don't know about the sills though. I've never needed to buy any, but Renault may still list them.

As you will need to ship the parts from the UK you are looking at a great deal of money in shipping costs alone. Once you start to work on it you will find other parts you'll need and the total cost of the shipping will probably be more than the value of the parts.

Mind you, if you have a bottomless pit of money, you will have plenty of fun restoring it. There are some contributors to this forum from South America and they appear to be able to get parts. Hopefully they may be able to point you in the right direction to save shipping the parts from Europe.

I was going to suggest that you shipped across an immaculate one from Europe, but I believe that you are limited to buying up to a certain year in the USA.

Good luck.

Steve

Back