Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

replacing a fuel pump

Ron from sa

Enthusiast
Hello,
I am in the process of overhauling an SEV fuel pump that I want to use on my 850 engine instead of the generic fuel pump from heaven only knows where that is currently on the car. I have noticed the cam follower is different , the SEV much longer. On the generic one they have used two thin and one very thick gasket between the pump and the engine. The spares book and the workshop manual don't show the number or thickness of the gaskets and my Autobooks copy shows the pump, and all its gaskets, but not the gasket to mount it to the engine. Can anyone tell me how many gaskets I should have for the SEV pump as I don't want it to be riding the cam in the wrong place?
PS- I know I can get a new pump made in Slovenia, but would rather the refurbish the SEV as being more accurate.
Thanks. Ron

Hello Ron
I got the isolating plate and the 2 gaskets from Jan-Willem at R-Quatre.nl

Here is a copy of the email that he sent me:

The spacer plate 4 mm is art.nr. 1306-403 ( use function ""zoeken"", and enter the number )
The art.nr. 1303-410 is the gasket (order 2x)

and here is a photo of the 2 gaskets with the plate
thumbnail_IMG_9465.jpg

Hope this helps, its from my 850cc
Regards

Hi Mojo,
Just to clarify, are these bits for an SEV pump? The one I took off is a Sanfobex[?] with a shorter cam follower to the the one on the SEV I am going to attach. I don't know if the spacer plate I have is for the original SEV or had to be added to make the later pump work.
Ron

Hello Ron, no, its not SEV, its a Sofobex., same as yours. As far as I know, its original to the engine. The engine plate says 800 A7 and its a R1123 1983 model.
Not too sure what the cam follower looks like, but as far as I can remember, it was short. so with my Sofobex, its a 4mm spacer.

Are you sure the fuel pump is suitable for an R4? I have SEV-Marchal pumps on both my 845 and the 1108, and they were not different from the pumps they replaced.

Back