Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Shock absorbers - which one to buy

petak

Enthusiast
I have found KAYABA front (excel-G) and rear (Gas-a-just) absorbers here in Croatia. They are little bit expensive and need to be ordered (do not have them on stock-they did not have single one question about ordering/buying this absorbers).

Also, have found DELPHI (DE CARBON) front and rear on French ebay.
They are cheaper but it is trouble to get them in Croatia (seller do not ship them to Croatia)

Also, have found that DELPHI has "comfort" and "performance" absorber.
What is deference?

Which one would you chose?
Kayaba or DELPHI?

Thank you for reading!

I have been using DeCarbon shock absorbers for years with excellent results. Have also fitted modern Delphi (DeCarbon equivalent) up front on my '75 R4, and am very satisfied. If "performance" means gas pressure and "comfort" means plain oil filled shocks, I would go for the first ones.

I didn't like Kayabas on modern cars (they had a tendency to lose their damping characteristics in relatively short time). However, my grey '71 R4 had a set of them (Gas-a-just) when I got it, and liked the way they handle. Plus, they must had been fitted some time ago, so they are not fresh.

does anyone know shock absorber dimensions?

• unipart.png
    unipart.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
New old stock shock absorber.. good or bad?
front.. I got it for free..

New old stock.JPG

If they are working easily up and down when you press them then could be good.
If not then they are no good any more.

tnx @petak , i didn't take them, a friend took them from store.. he says they work in both direction.
I'm letting you know...

I recently bought KYB rear shock absorbers... I shall fit the rear ones soon.
Has anyone else has a experience of the KYB brand shocks?

KYB amortizeri.JPG

Back