Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Side-repeaters // part.# 0854473800

reidalpine

Enthusiast
1624288159752.png"coat of arms" on orange-lens not EXACTLY like this :whistle: ,but hope you get what I'm on about.These side repaters has a coat of arms or "shield" on their lenses,theres an alu-rim around it with a grey rubber-seal that goes against fender. I can twist repeaters round and round so not screwed on to fender,but how is it stuck on there?
is it a push-in & expand kind of thingymajing or what?
-Inside of fender covered in an inch(!) thick sticky layer of rustproofing (which have saved the fenders amazingly well)
I'm plucking parts from a met.green -78/79mod. (No papers) All the panels/doors/boot/bonnet all rustfree so well worth to take it apart. Everything inside nice & tidy too.. -Reid

60,20.jpg
Does it help? It looks like the lens is being held from inside the wing by part 8548315 - may be a sheet metal nut.

Hi Angelos, you migt be on to something.looks like theres treads on the innermost part of the repeater,seems a bit flimsy to use a "sawbladed"
washer but i'll have another look as I really don't want to start digging into that sticky rust-proofing stuff..Never seen this thick a layer inmy life.

I finally found it out after scraping off a load of rustproofing inside fenders ,as on your pic. there's a "hollow" nut with a sawtooth-shaped washer inside it.
The repeaters cleaned up nicely after a soak & bath in some strong solvent. lenses looks as new,so now they will live on my parts shelf until I can
get my finger out and get the front fenders fixed and painted as they have some war-wounds in form of small but annoying dents which I would like to remedy. pic! -Reid.

Back