Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Speedo cable

snarthens

Enthusiast
Hi All
Haven't been on here for a while as our R4 GTL, Ruby has been running like a dream!! Anyway the speedo packed up recently and I'm assuming it's the cable so does anyone want to sell me one or know where I can get one?

thanks.

hi probably worth mentioning what year, as i seem to rememember some r4 s screw onto guage and later (facelift dash 83? on ) push fit
Also as a european/world wide forum, locatation and which side of the car you are sitting on to drive as i also think lengths are different on LHD/RHD
long cable will fit instead of short (obviosly rerouted)
cant remember which has which sorry

Hi
Thanks for the suggestion. It's a 1985 RHD R4 GTL 1.1 and the number on the bulkhead plate is 1128 which a renault dealer told me is useful to quote.
I've found out that Renault UK have 3 speedo cables left in stock for this model but want about £45.00!!!!!!! I had hoped to get one a bit cheaper than this. It's not a huge problem as it's the wifes car but obviously she can't tell if she's doing 70mph or 95mph when she's cruising on the motoway..Hehe!!

I thought my cable had broken but it turned out to be a siezed speedo head. Take the panel out turn the speedo drive and see what happen
Allan

Back