Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

This is great, Thanks for having this place!!!!!!!!!!!!

newtome

Enthusiast
Hello To Everyone,
My real name is Carl, I'm an american living in Italy and I just bought a white 1991 R4 for 80 euro. I know what your thinking, but really it's not in such bad shape. When I get a chance I'll post some pic's. But, this car is really new to me, I have no idea about anything (model, engine size, ect....) as there was no user manual or any other info that I could find on the car. If someone out there can tell me where to find this out it would be a great help, as it needs a tune up, I know I could just buy the same plugs/air filter as what's in it now, but I want to make sure that I get the right parts. I'm sure I'll be back a thousand time with questions, so I'll just say again THANKS.........

Hello Carl and welcome to this forum. You have chosen the right car to drive - all you need now is to get to know it and all it's foibles.

I suggest you buy the Haynes manual to start with. You can pick them up on ebay (make sure you go for the manual with the 1108cc supplement) or buy direct from Haynes - they are doing a reprint of the original manual. Find them via Google.

Steve

Hi Carl,

This is great, Thanks for having this place!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's the sort of post we like, thanks.

The 1108cc Renault 4 is also referred to as R-1128. You might need to know this number to find the right manual - the adverts often refer to the car by this code rather than as a GTL or as 1108cc which I find very confusing.

:clementi:

Back