Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Too much?

Have a look at the white one on Ebay classic motors. Its v good condition, and is £4200, which leaves a lot in your pockets to get the details perfect. Not that is does not look good, and its RHD

Its lovely, no doubting that and its worth what someone will pay and I suppose for an 'as new' R4 then the price probably isn't that silly as good ones are proper money these days.

Whys it got black vinyl seats though?

Study the pics closely. There is something not right going on between the mat and the chassis in the dashboard steering wheel shot. There is no parcel shelf. The seats are not so nice. I think the white one will save you enough money to do whatever you want with the interior, and everywhere else and even to get someone else to do it for you.

Its lovely, no doubting that and its worth what someone will pay and I suppose for an 'as new' R4 then the price probably isn't that silly as good ones are proper money these days.

Whys it got black vinyl seats though?
That's a "base" model, from the repeater on the fender I'd say it started its life in Italy.

After 1986 in Italy the R4 in was available only with the 956cc engine as TL (the french Savane) and base.
The base had vinyl interior, fixed windows on the rear doors, no fog light, no boot cover, no rear window defrost and rubber pads only on one bumper (I never recall if it was the front or rear one).

There are indeed too many details not right for a price like that.

This one caught my eye
Inked13803634_LI.jpg

Have a look at the white one on Ebay classic motors. Its v good condition, and is £4200, which leaves a lot in your pockets to get the details perfect. Not that is does not look good, and its RHD
Follow this carefully... it's up to £4.2k within the first day of bidding, with six more days to go.

For that kind of money car must be as from factory even better.
This one is not that.
Interior is way from original and era when car is build.

For that kind od money you can buy rustiest bucket you can find. Send it to Jan or Andrej Mlinar in Slovenia, and get one original and better then it was from factory.

And you will still have good amount of money for drive around Europe in your brand new R4

Just looking at the rear with the boot open. No parcel shelf as mentioned, but just look at the front of the rubber floor and the corners where the sides of the opening meet the cill. something not right there, both sides. The photos have been taken to avoid bits, like under the front seat. Mats are not original, or standard issue. At 12.5K£ it should be like BRAND NEW. You can get good ones for 4-5k£. At this price it should be perfect.

it was made in Yugoslavia which may account for the differences. Apparently it spent most of its life in a museum hence the condition

Front seats have different pattern compared to rear seat, among other details.

If it is 1992 Yugoslavian model as it says then it should be the same as mine blue one.

Knowing that i can say that seats and door cardboards are completely wrong..
This seats and cardboards came from earlier TL model.

One note also about text in add. Slovenia stopped producing R4 in January 93. Last 500 cars (produced in January 93) are numbers and have plate under clock with tekst Bye-bye and number of the car.

Edit: this all is not so important if you are buying 2-3 thousand euro or pounds car. But for 13 it must be spot on. Without any wrong detal that we can see on pictures. I can not imagine what would we see and found if we go to look the car.

For a late Slovenian model it seems to be missing some bits typical of those cars:

* 'hard' headrests
* digital clock
* GTL plastic side strips
* rubber bumper overriders
* goat's horns
* fabric seats and door cards
* genuine fuel filler cap
* not the usual air filter for a Slovenian GTL

For a late Slovenian model it seems to be missing some bits typical of those cars:

* 'hard' headrests
* digital clock
* GTL plastic side strips
* rubber bumper overriders
* goat's horns
* fabric seats and door cards
* genuine fuel filler cap
* not the usual air filter for a Slovenian GTL

That's a Slovenian built car, but not a GTL.
As I stated before I'd say it's a 956cc base model.

This one is a fairly original car born in the same specification, but in way worse condition than the red one.

There are way too much wrong pieces for an asking price of 12000£, just take a look at the hazard button from an R5 :laughing:

If it is 1992 Yugoslavian model as it says then it should be the same as mine blue one.

Knowing that i can say that seats and door cardboards are completely wrong..
This seats and cardboards came from earlier TL model.

One note also about text in add. Slovenia stopped producing R4 in January 93. Last 500 cars (produced in January 93) are numbers and have plate under clock with tekst Bye-bye and number of the car.

Edit: this all is not so important if you are buying 2-3 thousand euro or pounds car. But for 13 it must be spot on. Without any wrong detal that we can see on pictures. I can not imagine what would we see and found if we go to look the car.
it is being sold as a L not a GTL

Hi All
The Two Buttons highlighted are identical to Air Conditioning and Recirculation ones fitted to a retro system which was installed into an R Savanna I once owned. The Buttons I found out were derived from the BMW Parts bin.
Air Conditioning in a R4?!
I know my 2.0 Petrol Savanna would shudder under the strain of the Air Con compressor being engaged.
Any system on an R4 must have absolutely 'killed' the Motor.

Back