Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Wanted Early Model Nylon Timing/idler Gear.

Freddy

Enthusiast
BROKEN DOWN AND CLINICALLY DEPRESSED AUSSIE WISHES TO FIND PREFEREBLY NEW NYLON TIMING/IDLER GEAR COMMON TO EARLY 750/845cc ENGINES. WILL EXCHANGE FIST BORN CHILD, 6 ROOSTERS, 4 GOATS & A BANTAM HEN IN EXCHANGE FOR INFORMATION LEADING TO THE SECURING OF THE AFOREMENTIONED OBJECT. ALL REPLIES IN STRICKEST CONFIDENCE, YOURS FAITHFULLY IN SNIVELLING ABJECT MISERY; FREDDY.:(

Freddy, the early idler gear MAY be the same as that on the dauphine and 750. I say MAY because being a skew gear they might have changed the direction of skew when they changed the engine direction. If they didn't change skew direction it should be identical. French Connection in Airport West, Melbourne,might have a secondhand one- Ph 03 9338 8191. Note they are nice guys but they tend to do slightly bodgy work sometimes. If they don't have one, there is a guy round the corner from them who does LHD steering conversions on old Yank cars who most likely would- he has a hoard of old R4s at his home. I can't remember his name (got it written down somewhere) but ask them to tell you.

Isnt it lovely to have English as a 1st language.

Ta very much for your prompt reply Pieter.

1. Dauphie compatibility nicht.

2. French Connection, Mystery man is Jim P? Likely. Nicht.

3. Here in Austraaaalia cock, we are beyond the known boundaries of any universe. I look to youse squeezers as potentialy better informed cos da fergin things were made next door, capish?

4. No seriously though I have most recently (Victorian French Car Day Como Park Sth Yarra Sunday February 11th) spoken to the lovliest man from Adeliade 'Nick' in his late model R4 GTL specifications = 1245cc/5 Speed.
The man has seen with his own pork pies NEW timing gears for sale recently on the continent which he attributed to 'ibex' Spain. I have possibly remembered incorrectly, but I can find nothing searching this avenue.

5. The French R4-4L Club site confounds me as all the juicy detail obscured in french language that the server translator ignores.

6. I would hope that you percieve my difficulty.

Glad to hear from you. Have a look at me photies in yaz gallery mate!!FREDDY.

The gentleman in question 'Nick' must be the Renault legend Nick Davies .He really knows his onions so if anyone can help it will be him . I think i have his phone number if you like .
I could probably search about and maybee find you a used one if that is any help[let me know if that would help] ? Have you tried a company in the Blue mountains who i think were called called 'Obsolete spares' .The owner was a bit gruff last time i spoke but he did have quite a few early R4 spares .Also try Wynns/Winns ? R4 restoration garage in Holland and last of all what about Renault parts department .You never know ?

In regards to payment .Please forget the kids, chickens, goats and Bantams just let us win the ashes next time around .

Thanks Liam 4R4SPARES.

Hi Liam, I am operating on the assumption that this part can be sourced as new as the intelligence indicates this is possible,(engine out job calls for 1st class 'fix'). Thank you for your suggestions which I shall follow up. If you have Nick's phone number I would appreciate it. The 'Nick' I met was a bantamwieght chap beyond 40.
Beautifull car and as smart as a whip. Cheers;FREDDY.

Freddy Has Met With Success.

Jaques Lynn from Jacques Rear Engine Renault Parts, a california based garage / mail order service has given me a positive and immediate response for NEW timing / idler gear which he will source from France.
The website is basic and has the above title. Thanks for access to the forum Clementine and I shall post more information as it becomes available.

E-mail: jacques@renaultparts.us

Faithfully Freddy.

Back