Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Whats this

edwin

Enthusiast
Spotted this in the bowels of the engine bay, right next to the dipstick. Red wire goes to the centre of the dizzy. Its the 782 engine on a 1126 car.

IMG_3231.jpeg

HT lead to the centre of the dizzy, 2 x LT leads to the body.... could this not be the coil? If so, I've never seen one quite like this before!

It's a very unusual ignition coil I have never seen one like that before suspect it is going to be a Spanish only thing probably got FEMSA written on it somewhere

They haven't fitted it with a magneto have they ;D

Well.... Its a 1972 French car, a very early 1126, sold in Toulouse France, and owned by a Frenchman. It was serviced by a French garage. So one assumes that it is a French device not a Spanish one. I have cleaned it off a little with the magic toothbrush and attach more snaps. Sorry the one is upside down. Any more ideas yet ?
I like the look of itIMG_3243.jpgIMG_3244.jpg

Just sent the info to R4Sylvie and to Palais d'anciene to see if either know what it is and points will be awarded to the one of you with the closest answer. I will then post their reply, in French, for you to have something to do.

I would restore it and keep it as a desktop conversation piece. Very interesting and unique.

Ah,now we know what it is, it's an electronic ignition system patented by SEV Marchal, nice, very nice

This is a translation of a French description of the device.
A SEV MARCHAL brand solid state electronic ignition coil, type: BRANDY - Facilitates cold starts - Improves idling at low revs - The spark at the candle ( spark plug ? ) is better controlled. Its a best quality aftermarket spark improver.

Back