Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Which drive belt for 1985 GTL?

magali

Enthusiast
It's diving me crazy trying to find out which drive belt will fit my GTL - can anyone advise??

thanks

magali

One big one and one little one. Available from Renault and very good quality too. Always buy a pair and they will wear out together! Should last you 50,000 miles at least.

Steve

I don't know the size code, but if you buy the genuine belts copy the size down for the future. I had problems buying pattern belts in the past and it was only solved by going to Renaults direct. They will have the part numbers on their screen.

Steve

yep - renault had the fan belts.

the part numbers incase anyone's interested are:

thanks
magali

Glad you've sorted it.

There's often many threads on here about 'where can I get parts for my Renault 4.......' There are some that you need to get from your local Renault garage and others that a local motor factor can supply. Obviously people want to save money by going to a factor, but there are some parts that Renault can supply cheaper than a factor. To give an example, I needed a new brake master cylinder and the local factor's price was £20 dearer than the genuine part.

The other thing to consider is that if you build a relationship with your local Renault storesman, they will often bend over backwards to find the parts you need. In my case, I always go to Wests of Cambridge and Stuart in the stores is nuts about the R4. He used to work on them as a mechanic and will do anything to help you find that part. Some storesmen are often ex mechanics and they will often gives you loads of tips as well as selling you the part.

Sometimes it's worth spending that extra quid to get the genuine part!!

Steve

Back